Broken Chains

Broken Chains

Saturday 19 July 2008

To sew or not to sew.....

Hey people! I am so new to this blog thing and I hope I don't bore you but here goes...

I was meant to start a dressmaking course today and I was looking forward to it. I woke up in a very good mood today by about 8.30 am and thought to myself  "in about an hour and a half, I'll be learning something about dressmaking and I'll be one step closer to creating my beautiful designs a la Gucci, Fendi et Prada". Okay maybe not to the extent of G, F et P, but you catch my drift. Did I get to go and learn how to use my new basic sewing machine which has been sitting in my garage for two months? NO! My darling husband decides to give me some much needed advice that I didn't want to hear at that time. He told me to wait till I have more spare time on my hands, because with three children aged seven, three and two, and a full time job, I may not get time to finish the classes, or even practice what I've been taught. I was FUMING!!! I thought 'why wait till an hour before the class to drop this on me?' Anyway I didn't go in the end. I was upset, but I realised that my life right now is a roller coaster and I need some decent spare time before I can begin to enjoy my sewing and dressmaking! 

If you are going through the same 'struggles' as I am, leave me your comments, so I know I am not the only one juggling a family and work, and who doesn't have time to do anything else!


No comments: