Broken Chains

Broken Chains

Monday 21 July 2008

Dylan Mills AKA Dizzee Rascal

Is it me or Dizzee Rascal just blowing up? I was a secret fan of Dizzee when he first burst in the scene with his grimy garage tunes. I was a fan of I Luv U, and Fix up, look sharp had a particularly catchy tune that I couldn't get out of my head. Over the years Dizzee has consistently dropped catchy tunes that get the crowd moving. My secret slowly started to come out when I heard Dream, the inspirational number, talking about his dreams of fame and "if you don't have a dream, how you gonna have a dream come true". Wise words I think for our generation of children turning to crime. If they have dreams, and work hard, surely they will achieve their goals. It's not going to be easy and they may not achieve the original goals they set out to achieve, but they will surely get something positive out of working hard for themselves and not expecting things to be dropped on their plate. I loved his video and the tune 'Flex', and do I even need to tell you about 'Dance Wiv Me'? That tune is wicked and very captivating. It's funky and fresh, and very UK! Oh and it makes u wanna dance! UK artists do not need to conform to the way US artists rap or sing, because variety is the spice of life! Our artists should be proud of their music and keep striving to get better at their game, just as Dizzee Rascal does I'm sure.

Before I digress too much, let me just say that in my opinion, Dizzee is a poet and maybe because UK music does not have as much promotion as US music, a lot of us don't take time to really listen to the words. Take the time to listen to Dance Wiv Me, Dizzee's latest single. featuring Calvin Harris and Chrome. The song mixes the usual Grime MC style of Dizzee Rascal with dance from Calvin Harris and RnB from Chrome. You can also watch the video on YouTube.

Now people I haven't quite got the hang of adding a YouTube video, but you can view his video by visiting this link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GibLntdLiJA. Happy viewing!

No comments: