Broken Chains

Broken Chains

Saturday 11 September 2010

Imagine Me

Whilst I was a sinful soul
You saved my soul and made me whole
I sinned and turned my back on you
Turned away from your shade and grace


But Lord you kept on calling me
To my heart you made that plea
Spoke to my heart, now I understand
I am saved, yes by your gift of grace


Amen


I just had a family meeting with my parents yesterday, and though it was nothing too serious, my father talked about retiring and moving away from the country! I spent so much time hating him for his woes, that the important things in life have been overlooked. He is not without blame but I turned my back on him (and Him). 


On my way back home, I reflected on our meeting, and broke down as soon as I heard from Kirk Franklin's Hero album, 'Imagine Me'! This was because I was and am so thankful that God did not abandon me even though I had abandoned Him over the years. I could have been homeless, or depressed, which could have lead to more serious mishaps if He did not speak to my heart and save me by His grace.


I'll leave you with Imagine Me, and hope you realise that Jesus will do more in your life if you trust in Him. He is the only way.






"Imagine Me"

Imagine me
Loving what I see when the mirror looks at me cause I
I imagine me
In a place of no insecurities
And I'm finally happy cause
I imagine me

Letting go of all of the ones who hurt me
Cause they never did deserve me
Can you imagine me?
Saying no to thoughts that try to control me
Remembering all you told me
Lord, can you imagine me?
Over what my mama said
And healed from what my daddy did
And I wanna live and not read that page again

[Chorus:]
Imagine me, being free, trusting you totally finally I can...
Imagine me
I admit it was hard to see
You being in love with someone like me
But finally I can...
Imagine me

Being strong
And not letting people break me down
You won't get that joy this time around
Can you imagine me?
In a world (in a world) where nobody has to live afraid
Because of your love fears gone away
Can you imagine me?

[Bridge:]
Letting go of my past
And glad I have another chance
And my heart will dance
'Cause I don't have to read that page again

[Chorus x2]

[Vamp:]
Gone, gone, it's gone, all gone


No comments: