Broken Chains

Broken Chains

Thursday 26 August 2010

Robbie and Gary relight the fire!

Whenever I think “Robbie Williams” I think “sad”. I don't mean he is sad. I mean I feel sad. I see someone who is so depressed and hurt, that he no longer feels he can go on living without 'medicating' himself with one 'recreational' drug or another. This is no news, as it is common knowledge that Robbie has been addicted to different drugs for a number of years; Robbie said so himself. I have found myself praying for Robbie from time to time, that God will heal his wounds so that his life is not just another wasted celebrity one!

I was a little sad when Robbie left Take That in 1995 to embark on his rather successful solo career. Not because he had a successful solo career, but because his sad and reckless life began to play like a movie for all to watch. Sometimes I wish I had a remote control that I could press to control the world and change everything for the better. I mean EVERYTHING. I wished Robbie would just be happy.

So, imagine my glee when a few weeks ago I heard from the faint sounds coming from my radio that Robbie Williams was to get back together with Take That. I did not dwell on the news though, I was happy, but I wouldn't say elated as I am not a huge fan of theirs, but a moderate one. I was however almost moved to tears when a few hours ago I saw on the news that both Robbie and Gary Barlow of Take That have rekindled their friendship and all five of them (Take That plus Robbie) have planned an album and tour together. No, not because I'm a Take That fanatic- because I'm not and never really was pre-1995 (I do love their album Beautiful World though)- but because surely that means that a lot of broken bridges have been mended?

If I go on and on about this you guys will think I'm a liar and really a Take That fanatic (not that there's anything wrong with that), so I'll stop here and wish Robbie and Take That all the best for the future. I hope they've realised that life is too short to bear grudges and it only makes you depressed and angry.

I hope Robbie is off the drugs too!

The Verve said it best
The drugs don't work”

No comments: