Broken Chains

Broken Chains

Thursday 26 August 2010

Life Application Study Bible


Not that I want to shove Christianity down your throat or anything, but if like me you have been a Christian all your life, but the pleasures of the world have not allowed you to really take the time to understand the Bible and its relevance in your modern life, then you will love the Life Application Study Bible! (phew, that was a long sentence wasn't it?)


It comes in different versions (I’m not exactly sure how many) but I personally like the New King James Version, so that’s the version I bought.

The Bible gives a chronology of Bible events and world events. It gives important background and historical information, explains difficult words and phrases, and provides interrelationships within the Scripture. It would really help one understand how different books of the Bible from both the Old Testament and the New Testament link together. In the contributors’ words “over 75% of the Bible is application based”, so it can help one to see the relevance in ones life either at work, at school, during conflict etc. The Bible also has a Dictionary/Concordance, which defines them and points to the important occurrences in context.

I would say this Bible is the best buy I have made in my life, because whilst I have bought beautiful dresses, shoes, cars, makeup… I could go on and on; I believe this one book will help me live a fulfilled life and help me preserve my sanity!

Now all I need to do is read it and meditate on it!

No comments: