Broken Chains

Broken Chains

Tuesday 12 August 2008

RIP Bernie Mac - 1957 - 2008

I cannot believe it and words cannot express how sad I am at the passing away of Bernie Mac. He was a great comedian whom I loved and I always commented on how great he looked for his age. Sadly I can comment no more on this because he is gone. Even my husband was quite shaken and upset at the passing away of a great black brother.
Bernie Mac began his career as a stand up comedian and was famous to us in the UK for his series The Bernie Mac Show. He was also well known for his collaboration with Cedric the entertainer, D. J. Hughley, and Steve Harvey as the Original Kings of Comedy. That stand up had me in stitches and told me almost all I needed to know about his sister's kids. Bernie Mac appeared in several movies including Friday, Mr 3000, Ocean's Eleven and the sequels, Charlie's angels : full throttle, and many more.
Bernie Mac was nominated for and won several NAACP awards for 'Outstanding Actor in a comedy series'.
There's not much to say other than he will be greatly missed and there are not many like him. I'm sure those who were close to him will have a lot more to say. My heart goes out to his wife Rhonda, daughter Je'Niece, her husband and daughter, who I'm sure will miss him terribly. Rest in peace Bernie Mac.

No comments: